4 sheets gold nori seaweed (the highest quality)
1 banana, ripe but not too soft
1 ripe avocado
1 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tbsp sugar
Kinneret Farm silan, in a squeeze bottle
Whole round rice
Sushi rolling mat
- Cook the whole round rice uncovered in 3 cups of water to get sticky rice.
- When the rice cools, add the sugar and rice vinegar and mix well.
- Spread a sheet of seaweed on the sushi rolling mat with the rough side up.
- With wet hands, spread rice on the sheet of seaweed, leaving 4 cm clear on the edge of the sheet. Create a long hollow and fill it with a line of fresh banana, a line of avocado and a line of silan.
- Use the sushi rolling mat to roll the sheet and seal the edge with a little bit of water.
- Put aside until all the rolls have been made.
- Using a large, wetted chef’s knife, cut the roll into slices.
- Arrange on a serving plate. Ideally, use a flat, dark rectangular plate to create an authentic aesthetic sense.
- You can place refreshing mint leaves on the side in place of green wasabi.
- Serve with small bowls of silan and soy sauce (yes! It really does go well with soy sauce!).