480 g white sheep’s milk cheese
180 g feta cheese
12 tsp walnuts, chopped
240 g breadcrumbs
1 1/2 tsp coriander seeds, crushed
1 bunch parsley, chopped
Leaves from 12 sprigs of thyme
A little lemon zest
A little garlic, crushed
3 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
6 cups dry red wine
12 tsp Kinneret Farm silan
2 bay leaves
1 cardamom pod
12 cm lemongrass
90 g butter
- Cook the grape leaves in boiling water for about a minute, then lay them flat.
- Mix the cheeses, walnuts, breadcrumbs, coriander seeds, parsley, thyme, lemon zest, crushed garlic and tomatoes.
- Spread the mixture onto the lower third of each grape leaf, then fold in the edges and roll the leaf.
- Boil red wine, silan, cloves, bay leaves, allspice, black pepper, cardamom and lemongrass leaves in a pot.
- Cook on high heat until the sauce has reduced to 1/3 of its original volume. Add the grapes and cook for two more minutes, then add the butter and stir.
- Coat the grape leaves in olive oil and roast on a grill or in an iron pan for a few minutes.
- Serve with the sauce.