A rich and delicious dish with flavors that are perfect alongside toast and crunchy veggies, or spread on thick bread with sliced tomato. When the charred eggplant combines with the tahini and is put into a food processor, it becomes a smooth and airy cream with a lightly sweet flavor from the silan. Not including the cooking time, this recipe takes less than 5 minutes of work for a whole lot of great taste.
Takes 50 minutes to prepare and makes 6 servings.
2 medium eggplants
1/4 cup slivered almonds
3/4 cup raw tahini
5 tbsp Kinneret Farm silan + 1/2 tsp
A pinch of salt and ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C and line a baking pan with baking paper.
- Place the eggplants on the baking paper and pierce them gently with a fork. Bake for 20 minutes, then turn them over and continue baking for another 20 minutes.
- Toast the slivered almonds in a non-stick pan without any oil, until they begin to brown.
- Gently peel the upper part of the eggplant and use a spoon to transfer the flesh of the eggplant to a food processor (or use a hand blender) with the tahini, silan, salt and pepper. If you like a smoky flavor, you can also add some of the eggplant peel. Grind in the food processor until the mixture takes on a smooth texture. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Serve the eggplant cream on a plate sprinkled with toasted almonds and drizzled with the remaining silan.