8 fillets of sole, tilapia, or sea bream, marinated in a little milk to remove the fishy smell
400 g frozen broccoli
200 g thin green beans
2 tbsp garlic, crushed
4 frozen Asian herb cubes
1 frozen chili cube
2 tbsp Kinneret Farm silan
Salt and pepper
1/2 cup cashews
Olive oil for frying
- Blanch the broccoli and green beans for about 5 minutes in salt water.
- When they’re cooked, drain them and plunge them into ice water to stop the cooking process.
- Stir fry the vegetables in 1 tbsp of oil in a large pan.
- Add the mixed herb cubes, garlic, silan and cashews.
- Season with salt and pepper and mix well.
1 1/2 cup milk
3 garlic cloves, sliced
1 bay leaf
50 g butter
3 tbsp flour
Salt, pepper, nutmeg
- Heat the milk, garlic and bay leaf in a pot. Cool and strain.
- Melt the butter in a pot then add the flour and mix well until it becomes a paste.
- Continue mixing for a minute, then lower the heat and gradually whisk in the strained milk. Return the pot to medium-low heat and mix until it becomes a thick sauce and begins to bubble. Remove from the heat and season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- If you don’t mind going a little bit calorie-crazy, add 50 g parmesan or salty cheese.
Assembly and Baking:
- Dry the fish fillets by dabbing with a paper towel and season with salt and pepper. Pile the filling onto the widest part of the fish and roll. Pierce the roll with a toothpick and place it in a baking dish that has been lined with baking paper and sprayed with cooking spray. Repeat with each of the fillets.
- Pour the sauce over the rolled fish and baked for about 20 minutes. If you want to kick it up a notch, sprinkle grated cheese over the top about 5 minutes before the end of the cooking time.