Salmon is a perfect fish for baking or roasting in the oven. It also absorbs the dark marinade nicely. The marinade is made from two of Asian cuisine’s trademark ingredients (soy and tamarind), which go well with silan. This makes a type of homemade teriyaki that can be used for other dishes as well, such as roasted chicken.
Makes 4-5 servings.
1/2 kg salmon fillets, skinned, boned, and cut into 3 cm cubes
1/4 cup Kinneret Farm natural silan
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp tamarind concentrate
1 tsp ginger, grated or diced
1 garlic clove, crushed
1/2 hot red pepper, thinly sliced
- Mix the marinade ingredients in a bowl or container. Place the salmon cubes in the marinade and leave them in the refrigerator for 2-4 hours.
- Heat the oven to 220°C or use the oven’s grill. Soak 2-4 wooden skewers in water.
- Put a few salmon cubes on each skewer and lay them in a pan.
- Roast in the oven for 8 minutes or until the salmon is completely cooked but still pink inside.
- Serve over a bed of rice, which can be stir fried in a pan with the leftover marinade.