Makes 4 servings.
200 g grouper fillets, cut into ½ cm thick slices
2 cucumbers, julienned with the peel
1 1/2 cups assorted herbs (cilantro, mint and parsley leaves)
1 head of scallions (the white part only), thinly sliced
2 radishes, thinly sliced
1 hot red pepper, seeded and chopped
Juice of 1 lemon
3 tbsp olive oil
Atlantic sea salt or other coarse salt
Eggplant and Silan Cream:
1 medium baladi eggplant
1/2 clove garlic
3 tbsp Kinneret Farm silan
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp toasted cumin seeds
3 tbsp mayonnaise
100 ml (1 tbsp less than a ½ a cup) sweet cream
4 figs, quartered
- Roast the eggplant over an open flame for 15-20 minutes on each side until the peel is charred and the eggplant is soft inside.
- Cool for a few minutes, then slice the eggplant and use a wooden spoon to scoop out the inside.
- Grind the flesh of the eggplant with the rest of the ingredients using a food processor or hand blender until it becomes a smooth and velvety cream. It can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- Mix all of the salad ingredients in a bowl and adjust the seasonings to your preference.
- Spoon a mound of the eggplant cream into the center of individual serving plates, then pile a generous amount of the salad on top. Garnish with the quartered figs and serve immediately.
- For some variety, replace the figs with 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds or 2 prickly pears cut into cubes.