Makes 25-30 small balls
2 cans tuna in oil (160 g each), drained and crumbled
1 can spicy tuna (100 g)
1 medium onion, finely diced and fried
2 tbsp cheese, crumbled
1 tbsp olive rings, halved
1 heaping tbsp Kinneret Farm silan
1 egg, beaten
Breadcrumbs, in a separate bowl
- Mix the crumbled tuna with the spicy tuna.
- Add the crumbled cheese and the olive slices, and mix.
- Add the fried onions and mix.
- Add the silan and mix.
- Add the egg and mix well.
- Shape bite-size balls.
- Roll the balls in the bowl of breadcrumbs.
- Place in a pan on greased baking paper.
- Place in an oven that has been preheated to medium heat (180°C).
- After about 10 minutes, or after the tuna balls are lightly golden, carefully turn the balls over and continue baking for an additional 3 or 4 minutes.
Works nicely on a buffet or as an appetizer.
Recommended served with sweet chili sauce.
Serve on toothpicks or small wooden skewers.