These delicious homemade energy bars go great with yogurt or a cup of coffee. You can even skip the sugar entirely and use an additional 1/2 cup of silan, but keep in mind that they will be slightly less sweet.
Makes 12 20×25 cm bars.
1 cup (140 g) self-rising flour
1 cup (100 g) whole oats
1 cup (100 g) coconut
1/2 cup (100 g) demerara sugar
1/3 cup (50 g) small raisins or un-sugared cranberries
1/3 cup (85 g) Kinneret Farm natural silan
1/3 cup raw tahini
- Heat the oven to 160°C and line a baking pan with baking paper.
- Use a wooden spoon to mix all the ingredients in a bowl. At first it may seem like the ingredients will not combine, but they will with time.
- Spread the mixture into the baking pan and flatten it.
- Bake for 45 minutes until the flattened mixture is dry and firm. Let cool completely.
- Remove from the pan, cut into rectangles and store for up to 2 weeks in a sealed container.
Substitute chocolate chips for the raisins or cranberries.