500 grams flour
100 grams margarine, cut into small cubes
100 ml sunflower oil
1/4 cup water
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
2 tbsp. thyme, chopped
• Place the margarine and all dry ingredients into the bowl of a standing mixer. Mix with the paddle attachment on low speed until a crumbly mixture is formed.
• Add the eggs, oil, water, and thyme, and continue mixing until smooth. Place the dough in the refrigerator.
1/2 kilo ground chicken breast or spring chicken
1 1/2 cups coarsely grated sweet potatoes
1 medium onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 tbsp. thyme, chopped
1/2 cup Kinneret Farm Grill Marinade Silan
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 tbsp. Kinneret Farm Silan
• Fry the onion and garlic in a large saucepan with a little oil until golden. Add the chicken, and fry for about 5 minutes on high heat. Add salt and pepper to taste.
• Add the sweet potato and thyme.
• Add the Grill Marinade Silan and cook for another 2 minutes. Chill and drain.
• Roll out the dough to a thickness of 4-5 mm, and cut out a circle the size of a plate. Place the filling in the center and seal it so it resembles a hamantasch.
• Brush the top of the pastry with the eggs and silan.
• Bake at 180°C for 20 minutes or until golden. Serve with salad.