For the crust-
200 g Lotus/Biscoff cookies
100 g butter, melted
For the filling-
3 containers (600 g) unflavored 30% fat cream cheese, room temperature
1 container (300 g) 9% fat ricotta fresca
1 cup (200 g) sugar
2 tbsp cornstarch
For the halva swirl-
3 tbsp Kinneret Farm silan
3 tbsp raw tahini
For the pan-
- Grease the baking pan and preheat the oven to 150°C. Fill a heat-resistant dish with water and place it in the bottom of the oven.
- Prepare the base: Crush the cookies to crumbs in a food processor. Add the melted butter and mix to a consistent texture. Spread the mixture in the bottom of the baking tray, press firmly, and freeze.
- In the meantime, prepare the cheese filling: Beat the eggs in a large bowl. Add the cheeses, sugar and cornstarch and mix until the texture is smooth and there are no lumps. A hand beater is recommended. Pour the mixture onto the frozen crust.
- Make the swirl: Mix the silan and tahini into a uniform mixture in a small bowl. Drop spoonfuls of the mixture onto the cheese filling and use a knife to gently swirl to create marble patterns.
- Bake: Bake for 1-1 1/4 hours, until the cake is firm at the edges but still wobbles slightly in the middle. Cool completely, cover with plastic wrap, and put in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours.
- Store covered in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.