4 sheets of filo dough
4 tbsp Kinneret Farm silan
1 1/2 tbsp almond butter
3 Anna apples
1 heaping tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup light raisins
For sticking and coating dough:
1 egg yolk, beaten
Wash and grate the apples (do not peel first).
Place in a colander and sprinkle with the cinnamon and raisins (drain for a few hours if possible).
- Mix the silan and almond butter in a small bowl and microwave for 30 seconds, to make the mixture easier to spread.
- Spread plastic wrap over your work surface to make it easier to roll up the dough later.
- Lay out the first sheet of filo dough and use a soft spatula to spread the silan and almond butter mixture on the full length of the sheet. Cover it with the next sheet of filo dough and then spread that sheet with the mixture. Continue layering the sheets and the mixture until you have created four layers.
- Lay out a line of about half of the apple mixture across the width of the dough, and sprinkle the raisins along it. Roll up about half the length of the dough.
- Spread some of the beaten egg yolk on the edge and cut the roll from the sheet using a sharp knife. Repeat the process with the second half of the dough.
- Divide each roll into 5 and arrange in a baking pan.
- Add a little silan and almond butter (about 1/4 tsp) to the remaining egg yolk and brush it across the top of each mini-strudel.
- Bake for 20 minutes in a preheated oven at 150°C, until the strudels are golden-brown.