Makes 2 loaf pans
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 1/2 cups cake flour, or regular flour with 1 packet baking powder
1 cup sugar
1 plain yogurt (0% fat)
2 heaping tbsp tahini mixed with a little water and Kinneret Farm silan
1/2 cup coconut oil
1 cup cane sugar
3/4 cup dates, pitted and quartered
1/2 cup hazelnuts
1/2 cup Kinneret Farm silan (keep separate)
- Mix the batter, then add the filling and stir. Pour a quarter of the mixture into a pan.
- Drizzle a spoonful of silan in a zigzag motion over the top of the batter in the pan. Then pour another quarter of the batter over the top.
- Repeat in the second pan.
- The reddish color of the silan will look beautiful when you cut into the cake, appearing as an asymmetrical stripe of red glaze. Of course, you could just mix the silan in with the batter, but I prefer this eye-catching look.
- Bake for 40 minutes at medium heat.