1 package puff pastry
4 apples (I prefer Granny Smith)
2 bananas, halved and sliced
1/2 cup brown sugar
100 g butter
1/2 cup raisins, soaked in water for 10 minutes and then drained
1/2 cup walnuts, broken up by hand (into pieces, not powder)
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
2 tbsp Kinneret Farm silan
- Heat a pan with a little butter and sugar for about 1-2 minutes, or until the butter melts.
- Peel and quarter the apples, slice the bananas and transfer to the pan for about 10 minutes on low heat.
- Add raisins, walnuts, cinnamon, nutmeg and silan to the pan, mix gently, and continue cooking for about 5 minutes. Turn off the heat and cool briefly.
- Cut the puff pastry into two parts and flatten slightly.
- Put the filling in the middle of the puff pastry sheet, and make diagonal cuts on both sides from the filling to the edges of the sheet. Braid the strips together over the filling. Brush the top with beaten egg and put in the oven for 30-35 minutes at 180°C until the dough is golden.
- Remove from the oven, let cool, and sprinkle with powdered sugar.