3 sheets of filo dough
Canola oil for brushing
300 g walnuts, coarsely chopped (use a chef’s knife)
4 tbsp Kinneret Farm silan
4 tbsp sugar
1 tsp grated ginger
1 zested orange (the orange part only)
Brush the filo dough with oil, then fold and brush it again.
- Mix the nuts, silan, sugar, ginger and orange zest in a bowl.
- Spread a 2-3 cm wide strip of the mixture along the bottom length of the filo sheet.
- Roll the sheet and seal the dough around the mixture. Brush the roll with oil.
- Using a sharp knife, mark off individual portions.
- Bake at 200°C for about 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cut along the markings.