I use a lot of silan, and my homemade granola is one of the recipes that’s very successful and in high demand. Sometimes I switch the nuts and seeds, depending on what I have at home. But the silan is always key. J
1/3 cup each of:
Coarsely chopped hazelnuts (I pound them inside a bag)
Coarsely chopped Brazil nuts
Coarsely chopped cashews
Coarsely chopped walnuts
1 1/2-2 cups oats
4 tbsp Kinneret Farm silan
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 pinch of salt
1/2 cup light raisins
1/2 cup cranberries
1/4 cup candied pecans pieces
1/4 cup dried banana pieces
- Preheat oven to 150°C.
- Combine: pine nuts, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, hazelnuts, brazil nuts, cashews, walnuts, almonds and oats.
- Add silan and mix well until all ingredients are evenly coated.
- Add cinnamon and salt.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes. (This depends on personal preference. I like them thoroughly roasted.)
- Important Note: Remove the tray from the oven every few minutes to stir the mixture so that the top does not burn and the bottom is evenly roasted.
- After removing the tray from the oven, allow to cool
- Add the pecans, raisins, cranberries, dried bananas and mix well.
Highly recommended to serve with yogurt and sliced fresh fruit.