Chicken coated with tahini and silan and baked in breadcrumbs with a side of sweet potatoes in silan and ground black pepper, for a simple and delicious treat.
Makes 6-8 chicken pieces.
6-8 chicken pieces
3 tbsp raw tahini
3 garlic cloves, crushed
4 tbsp Kinneret Farm silan
2 tbsp ketchup
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 heaping tbsp sweet paprika
Salt and pepper
- Mix marinade ingredients in a bowl, taste and add ingredients according to personal preference.
- Roll the chicken in the marinade, then coat it and press it into the breadcrumbs.
- Lay the chicken on a sheet of baking paper in a baking tray. After leaving the chicken in the marinade for about an hour, heat the oven to 180°C.
- Cover the tray in aluminum foil and bake for about an hour and a half. After 50 minutes, you may choose to turn over the chicken pieces carefully, so that breadcrumbs don’t fall off.
- Before serving, remove the aluminum foil and allow the chicken to brown for 8 minutes.
Sweet Potato Side Dish:
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut them in half lengthwise. Use a serrated knife for a straight, symmetrical cut.
- Put a generous amount of silan on your hand and massage into the sweet potatoes and sprinkle a bit of freshly ground black pepper.
- 30 minutes before the chicken is finished, add the sweet potatoes to the tray where the chicken is baking and turn them over after 15 minutes.
- Eat them with a spoon to fully enjoy the simple perfection.