1/2 kg chicken liver
1/2 cup oil
3 large onions, cut into strips
1 tbsp Kinneret Farm silan
1/2 cup water
- Roast the liver over an open flame.
- Fry the onions until they are golden.
- Add the silan and continue frying until the onions caramelize.
- Add the roasted livers and continue lightly frying.
- Add the spices: salt, pepper, soup mix, paprika and cumin. Continue frying on low heat.
- Add the water and cook for a few minutes.
One potato per serving, quartered
A little oil
A small amount of soup mix
Water, enough to cover the potatoes
- In a wide saucepan, fry onions in a bit of oil until they are golden.
- Add the potato quarters and the spices – salt, pepper, turmeric, soup mix – and mix.
- Add water until the potatoes are just covered, and bring to a boil and then lower the heat.
- Cook until all liquid is evaporated and the potatoes have softened.
Serve alongside a fresh salad for a perfect meal.