1 kg veal shank, cut into 3 cm thick slices
1/4 cup olive oil
10 shallots, peeled
2 celery stalks
10 garlic cloves, peeled
5 tbsp Kinneret Farm silan
1/2 bottle red wine
1 tbsp thyme
1 tbsp sweet paprika
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
1/2 red onion
1/2 cup chopped parsley
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan and brown the meat on both sides.
- Chop carrots, onion and garlic. Remove the meat from the pan, add the vegetables and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add the wine and return the meat to the pan, then add thyme, paprika, salt and pepper to taste, and Kinneret Farm silan.
- Cover the contents of the pot with water and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer for 3 hours, until meat is tender.
- Before serving, sprinkle with lemon and orange zest, chopped red onion and parsley.