500 g ground beef or chicken
1 potato, peeled and grated
1 egg (optional)
1 tbsp breadcrumbs
1 tsp sweet paprika
1 tsp baharat spice mix
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 level tsp black pepper (or to taste)
1/2 tsp cumin
2 red or green bell peppers (or 1 of each), quartered or cubed
4 cloves garlic, minced
Onion, cubes or strips (optional)
1 bag frozen mixed vegetables (Pri HaGalil- peas, baby carrots, string beans, corn)
6 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp Kinneret Farm silan
Black pepper and salt to taste
1 tbsp soup mix
Enough water to cover the vegetables (or the vegetables and meatballs)
- Mix all the meatball ingredients in a bowl.
- Put a little oil in a large, deep pan and start frying the peppers (and onions, if you’ve decided to use them). After a few minutes, or when the onions start to become transparent, add the garlic and stir.
- Boil water in a kettle. Put the frozen vegetables in a wide dish and cover them in lukewarm water, being careful not to spill over the edge of the dish.
- Add the mixed vegetables and the water to the pan with the fried peppers, and stir.
- Add the soy sauce, silan, black pepper and salt to taste and 1 tbsp soup mix. If needed, add more water to cover the vegetables. Bring to a boil.
- Shape the meat into balls and put them into the pot with the vegetables. It’s alright if the water only covers the vegetables and not the meatballs, but you can also add water so that the meatballs are covered as well (this will determine how much sauce you will have).
- Cover the pot and cook on medium heat for 45 minutes-1 hour.
Recommended to serve with rice or noodles.