For 24-26 cm diameter pans
1/2 package puff pastry sheets, defrosted
6 medium red onions, peeled and cut into 8 wedges each
250 g champignon mushrooms, sliced
2 tbsp olive oil
4 tbsp Kinneret Farm silan
1 container (250 ml) sweet cream
1/2 cup (120 ml) milk
1/4 tsp nutmeg
60 g Roquefort or blue cheese, grated
Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 190°C. Heat 1 tbsp of oil on high heat in a medium sized pan and fry the mushrooms for 3-4 minutes until they are golden. Season with salt and pepper. Remove the mushrooms from the pan and put in the refrigerator to cool.
- Add 1 tbsp of oil to the same pan and fry the onions on high heat for about 3 minutes until they begin to turn golden. Add the silan and continue frying for another 2 minutes. Season with salt and remove from the heat. Transfer to a dish and chill in the refrigerator.
- Whisk cream, milk, eggs, nutmeg, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Transfer to a floured work surface and roll out the dough to a circle with a diameter a little larger than your pan a (should be about 0.3 cm thick). Transfer the rolled out dough into the pan or pans and stick it firmly to the bottom and sides.
- Arrange the onions and mushrooms on the dough, then spread the cheese on top and pour the cream mixture over it. Bake for 30-35 minutes until the quiche is golden and firm in the center.