Makes 3 loaves
500 g flour
1 yeast packet
2 tbsp oil
100 g soft butter or butter substitute
3 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp Kinneret Farm silan
1 apple, peeled and diced
5 dry dates, pitted and diced
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/4 cup water
- Place apple pieces in a hot pan with 1 tbsp sugar. Cook for 3 minutes until the sugar dissolves.
- In a bowl, combine flour, yeast, 1 egg, the remaining sugar, salt, silan, butter and oil. Add the water and knead for about 7 minutes until dough is flexible, soft and not sticky.
- Add the diced apple and dates and knead for another minute.
- Let the dough rise for an hour and a half, then divide into 3 sections and shape your loaves.
- Let the loaves rise for another half an hour.
- Spread beaten egg over the top of the loaves and bake in an oven that has been preheated to 180°C.